Sunday, June 2, 2013

Recycled concert t-shirt into Kindle carry case.

                                            I've recently been trying to come up with a carrying case for my Kindle Fire. I wanted something big enough to  carry the cord and, ear phones I use with it, but I didn't want it to be too big. I wanted the opening wide enough so that I could get the kindle in and out easily enough with or with out the case on it. So here is what I came up with.  I decided to go with two of my favorite things. Jason Aldean and the color purple! I had a t-shirt from a concert I had went to a couple years ago. I actually had ruined the shirt by spilling something all over it that wouldn't come out. But I didn't  throw it away. I knew I would come up with something to make out of it eventually. The original plan was to make a purse out of it but, hey this works to. I just cut out the best part of the shirt (front and back) and went with that. I used some fabric that I had it my stash . I wanted the bag itself to be stiff but still flexible. So I used felt for the interfacing instead of Peltex. Its completely machine washable. Just the right size for all my stuff to fit in it with a little room to spare. I love how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment